Prep 8 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy egg dish that I created. It's perfect for anything from breakfast in bed for two to brunch for four. The sour cream is the key - it keeps the eggs moist, unlike many baked egg dishes that tend to be a bit dry. It's also fast and easy, with very little clean up! I like to use Mexican shredded cheese, but any cheese would probably be fine.
- 6 eggs
- shredded cheese, your choice of cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce
- bacon bits
- Spray or grease small baking dish. Line bottom of dish with green chiles and spread evenly. Cover green chiles with shredded cheese and spread evenly.
- Beat eggs with sour cream, using a fork. Add hot sauce and salt and pepper to taste, and mix well.
- Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle with bacon bits and additional shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 30 minutes, or until eggs are set.
This is OK. Kind of bland tasting. Maybe add more hot sauce next time.