Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Poached eggs on toast with mushrooms smothered in hollandaise sauce. YUM
Hollandaise Sauce use 3 cups
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
Eggs Champignon ingredients
- 1 cup mushroom, fresh, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 mushroom caps, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 8 pieces bread, toasted, crusts trimmed
- 8 eggs, poached
- Hollandaise Sauce:.
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice and seasonings in a blender.
- Heat butter in small saucepan until foaming but dont let burn.
- Cover blender and blend at top speed for 3 seconds.
- Remove nob from top and pour butter in a thin stream of droplets into blender while blender is going at top speed.
- Makes 3/4 Cups of sauce.
- Eggs recipe:.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in saucepan with garlic if desired and saute sliced mushrooms until done.
- With slotted spoon remove mushrooms from butter, reserving butter to saute the mushroom caps.
- Saute mushroom caps.
- Spread cooked sliced mushrooms on toast.
- Poach eggs.
- Put poached egg on top of mushrooms slices on the toast.
- Pour hollandaise sauce over all.
- Garnish with the sauteed mushroom caps.
i loved this but then i love eggs benidict too and mushrooms i used a packet for hollendase sauce because of past diasters lol dee