Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe comes from Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, CA. I haven't had a chance to prepare this but it definitely sounds like "gourmet" eggs.
- Fry bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally until crisp.
- When crisp remove from skillet and place on paper towels to absorb grease and let cool.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in small bowl and discard remainder.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels and set aside.
- Finely crumble bacon when cool.
- Vigorously whisk together eggs, parmesean cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl until foamy.
- Pour reserved bacon grease back into skillet and cook garlic and parsley over medium heat for 1 minute but do not brown garlic.
- Add scallions and cook stirring occasionally until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally to scramble eggs and form large curds, lifting up cooked egg around edges to let raw egg flow underneath.
- Cook until eggs are just set.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately.