Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe comes from Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, CA. I haven't had a chance to prepare this but it definitely sounds like "gourmet" eggs.
- 6 slices bacon
- 12 large eggs
- 1 ounce finely grated parmesan cheese (1/2 Cup)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Fry bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally until crisp.
- When crisp remove from skillet and place on paper towels to absorb grease and let cool.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in small bowl and discard remainder.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towels and set aside.
- Finely crumble bacon when cool.
- Vigorously whisk together eggs, parmesean cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl until foamy.
- Pour reserved bacon grease back into skillet and cook garlic and parsley over medium heat for 1 minute but do not brown garlic.
- Add scallions and cook stirring occasionally until soft about 3 minutes.
- Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally to scramble eggs and form large curds, lifting up cooked egg around edges to let raw egg flow underneath.
- Cook until eggs are just set.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately.
Easy, tasty breakfast dish! DH and I enjoyed this. The fresh herbs gave it a nice flavor and really came through. I halved the recipe since it was just the two of us. Thanks for posting.