Luby Luby Luby's Note:
This recipe comes from Seven Gables Inn in Pacific Grove, CA. I haven't had a chance to prepare this but it definitely sounds like "gourmet" eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, turning occasionally until crisp.
- 2When crisp remove from skillet and place on paper towels to absorb grease and let cool.
- 3Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon grease in small bowl and discard remainder.
- 4Wipe skillet clean with paper towels and set aside.
- 5Finely crumble bacon when cool.
- 6Vigorously whisk together eggs, parmesean cheese, cream, basil, salt and pepper in a bowl until foamy.
- 7Pour reserved bacon grease back into skillet and cook garlic and parsley over medium heat for 1 minute but do not brown garlic.
- 8Add scallions and cook stirring occasionally until soft about 3 minutes.
- 9Add egg mixture to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally to scramble eggs and form large curds, lifting up cooked egg around edges to let raw egg flow underneath.
- 10Cook until eggs are just set.
- 11Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Carbonara With Basil and Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 456.1 mg
- Sodium 600.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g