Prep 8 mins
Cook 9 mins
Easy Sunday Breakfast.
- 8 eggs
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 lb pancetta or 1⁄2 lb thickly sliced bacon, sliced crosswise into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced,optional
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley, stems discarded before measuring
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt, black pepper, cheese, and milk.
- Set aside.
- Cook pancetta in a saute pan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until it is done like crisp pieces of bacon.
- Drain off excess fat (but leave about 2 tablespoons in the pan).
- Add garlic and bell pepper to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until garlic shows the first sign of turning golden.
- Add Italian parsley.
- Stir for 1 more minute.
- Reduce heat to medium, add egg mixture to pan, and stir until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates.
Makes a good Sunday Brunch dish.