- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb cooked Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced mushrooms
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Press the thawed hash browns between paper towels to remove moisture.
- Spray quiche pan with nonstick spray.
- Press hash browns into pan forming a crust and brush with butter.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Spread sausage, peppers and mushrooms in crust.
- Beat together eggs with milk and add salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over ingredients in crust.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- Slice and serve with tomatoes, avocado and salsa on the side.