Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
a great beef tenderloin recipe for that steak and egg breakfast. http://www.recipezaar.com/79662 this is a good way to poach the eggs for this dish and http://www.recipezaar.com/70198 this is a great demi-glace if you don't have any stored some where
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup demi-glace
- trim and slice the tenderloin into very thin slices.
- blend the herbs and spices to make a rub.
- sprinkle on beef heat oil in a very hot skillet fast fry the tenderloin remove and reserve hot.
- add mushrooms to the skillet along with butter saute till tender add green onions, demi glaze, sherry and cream reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- while sauce simmers poach eggs. place the tenderloin on serving plates. top with an egg smother with sauce. serve very hot.