winter rowand's Note:
a great beef tenderloin recipe for that steak and egg breakfast. http://www.recipezaar.com/79662 this is a good way to poach the eggs for this dish and http://www.recipezaar.com/70198 this is a great demi-glace if you don't have any stored some where
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1/2 teaspoon paprika or 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper or 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1trim and slice the tenderloin into very thin slices.
- 2blend the herbs and spices to make a rub.
- 3sprinkle on beef heat oil in a very hot skillet fast fry the tenderloin remove and reserve hot.
- 4add mushrooms to the skillet along with butter saute till tender add green onions, demi glaze, sherry and cream reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 5while sauce simmers poach eggs. place the tenderloin on serving plates. top with an egg smother with sauce. serve very hot.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Butcher Style (Beef Tenderloin)
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.9
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 332.1 mg
- Sodium 551.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: