1/3 Photos of Eggs Benny
For breakfast or brunch, EGGS BENNY is pure delight to the taste buds & easy to prepare! Since I seem to unable to make a proper hollandaise sauce and love Eggs Benedict, I've come up with this scrumptios creation that I've become totally addicted to! (And the sauce, so simple, can be used in a zillion ways!!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup homoginized milk
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- salt & pepper, as desired
- 1Sauce (while sauce is cooking, prepare/heat the other ingredients):.
- 2In a sauce pot, over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in all the flour, blending well.
- 3Mix the milk and cream, slowly add to the sauce pot, whisking to totally blend (time to poach those eggs!).
- 4Add the lemon juice and cayenne pepper.
- 5Add the grated cheese, blending well. (more cheese can be added for a 'cheesier' flavor if desired. Keep in mind that the cheese will further thicken the sauce.).
- 6Do not allow the mixture to boil or even come close. Lower the temperature as necessary.
- 7Cook to thicken sauce to desired consistency. Sauce will further thicken as it sits.
- 8Heat the ham slices (fry lightly, steam or nuke).
- 9Add the chopped shallot to the spinach & mix well, heating through.
- 10Place 1/2 English muffin on each plate, topping it 1st with a ham slice, then 1/4 c spinach mixture, topping that with a poached egg and finally with sauce, then sprinkle with fresh ground pepper.
- 11Serve hot!
- 12Keeping a well warmed oven will give you a place to keep things hot 'til you are ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Benny
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.6
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.9 g
- Cholesterol 328.7 mg
- Sodium 1568.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: