Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tasty 'sandwich' take on Eggs Benedict. It's not a wrap to eat on the go because it's messy and best eaten with a knife and fork. Although we love sun-dried tomatoes, I'm not sure that they add a lot to this dish and do discolor it a bit to a brownish color. Feel free to leave them out.
- In small skillet, melt butter, add mushrooms and cook for about 10
- minutes until tender.
- Prepare hollandaise sauce, using only 3/4 cup of milk, and add sundried tomatoes; set aside.
- Cook ham in skillet until browned and set aside. Beat eggs and milk; add salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook eggs in skillet until set to make scrambled eggs; set aside.
- To make the wrap, warm the tortilla and top with eggs, ham, mushrooms and hollandaise sauce.
- Fold in the sides of the tortilla then roll forward; cut in half and serve.
I made this for dinner and it was very well received. I added red peppers because they needed using up and served it in Pita bread because it also needed using up. We are trying to eat lighter to lose the Christmas weight we have all put on and this certainly fit the bill. It is very filling and very tasty. I served it with Marinated Broccoli and Carrots #19973
Now why haven't I ever thought of this before? I really enjoyed these. I had some left over home made hollandaise so I used that. But if you must use a packaged hollandaise sauce Knorr is the best brand. Nice idea.