Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
Before I stopped eating dairy, I loved eggs Benedict. However, I've found a great vegan recipe for Hollandaise Sauce, which I tried today and found it quite tasty and it does compliment this dish very nicely. The Vegan Hollandaise Sauce recipe I used is http://www.recipezaar.com/150868. I use Turkey Bacon in this recipe because it is 97% fat free...what could be better then that?
- 2 organic eggs (poached)
- 4 pieces lean turkey bacon (cooked)
- 1 sprouted whole wheat bun (halved and toasted)
- 1 pinch paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Poach your eggs. I have one of those microwave poachers that works good.
- Cook the bacon. I also did this in the microwave.
- Toast the buns. Then spread with Earth Balance or other Vegan margarine.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing two pieces of cooked turkey bacon on each toasted bun.
- Top with the poached egg, then with the Hollandaise Sauce.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and serve with a nice hot cup of Cafix Grain Beverage.
- Bon Appetit!