Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very elegant dish for a brunch or luncheon that's easy to prepare.
- 1 English muffin, halved
- 2 slices ham, thin
- 2 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- For the Blender Hollandaise, place 3 egg yolks, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and dash of cayenne into the blender.
- Cover, quickly pulse on and off.
- Heat 1/2 cup butter until melted and bubbling.
- Turn blender onto high speed and slowly pour the butter into the egg mixture.
- Blend until thick and fluffy (about 30 seconds); it makes approximately 2/3 cup of sauce.
- For each serving, toast 1/2 of an English muffin.
- Place a thin slice of oven-broiled ham on each half.
- Top each muffin half with a soft poached egg.
- Pour sauce over the eggs and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve immediately.
The hollandaise sauce was great! Very quick & easy. Thanks fore posting.
This was really good. We loved it. The only different thing I did was to use Canadian bacon instead of thin ham, I browned it a little before I put it on top of the English muffin. Also i sprinkled some paprika to plate it. I have to say it came out great. Thanks for the recipe.
Hollandaise with Cayenne. Not my cup of tea.