Recipe by Food.com
Love eggs Benedict but need to serve a crowd with ease? This mash-up makes the breakfast classic easier than ever.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 8 -10 slices Canadian bacon, sliced into small squares
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- handful chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spread pie crust over 9-inch pie dish.
- Sprinkle Canadian bacon and scallions over bottom of pie crust.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and mustard powder together and pour into pie dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until set.
- Let cool while you prepare the hollandaise: Add yolks, lemon juice and mustard to a blender and blend until smooth.
- With the blender running, add the hot melted butter to the egg yolk mixture and blend until thick.
- Drizzle the sauce over the quiche and garnish with chopped chives.