Recipe by Olha
Serve Eggs Benedict with the hollandaise scaled down to just the right amount for two. Add some sliced tomatoes, grapefruit, and a glass of wine to complete the menu.
- 2 English muffins, halved and buttered
- 4 poached eggs
- hollandaise sauce (recipe follows)
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- FOR THE EGGS BENEDICT: Broil muffins until lightly browned. Top each muffin half with a poached egg, and cover with hollandaise sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
- FOR THE HOLLANDAISE SAUCE: Beat egg yolks in top of DOUBLE BOILER; gradually add lemon juice to egg yolks, stirring constantly. Add about ONE-THIRD of butter to egg mixture; cook over hot (not boiling) water, stirring constantly, until butter melts.
- Add another third of butter, stirring constantly; as sauce thickens, stir in remaining butter. Stir in salt and cayenne; cook until thickened. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
- Southern Living.