Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
wonderful brunch idea that can serve large quantity with little effort! Can vary the cheese or even the meat in this. Great served on toasted english muffins
- preheat oven to 450 degrees f.
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1 ham slice in each tin like a nest.
- Place 1/2 slice swiss cheese on each ham slice that is partially cooked.
- Crack one egg over each.
- Pour about a tablespoons of heavy cream over each.
- Sprinkle each with a little parmesan cheese to taste.
- Place back in oven and bake about 10-15 minutes. (Check jiggliness to your liking...don't overdue or will be more hard boiled.)
- Remove and rest 5 minutes.
- Serve on toasted English muffins.
- Note- can cook longer if you like a hard boiled egg rather than soft boiled or even"scramble" egg before pouring into tins.
A nice change of pace for regurlar breakfast becon and eggs. With lots of cheese, please!:)
Love these - all my favourite breakfast treats rolled into one and no frying involved! I scrambled the eggs lightly, added a sprinkling of salt and pepper, and baked for 13 minutes; they turned out slightly more "done" (hard boiled like!) than I would have liked so will try the 10 minutes the next time. Oh, and will definitely try these with bacon instead of ham too! Thank you jellyko, a great recipe!
What an incredible brunch recipe. I made it for Christmas Brunch this year. I used smoked gouda for the cheese and omitted the english muffins because the menu had other carbs in it. Thanks for this recipe, everyone loved them!