Recipe by TGirl,RN
Fresh asparagus, hard boiled eggs, ham and cheese come together in a creamy sauce to create a delicious, hearty breakfast casserole. Serve over hot biscuits. This is the perfect recipe for your next brunch or breakfast potluck.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup flour, all purpose
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 lb cubed ham
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne or 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 biscuits, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut asparagus into 1/2 inch pieces, and cook until crisp tender in a small amount of water.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir in flour until smooth, then add milk and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes while stirring continuously.
- Add ham and cheese, stir until cheese melts, then add drained asparagus, eggs, salt, and pepper and heat through.
- Serve over biscuit halves.