Recipe by MrsSPheonix
Saw this on a tape of Emeril Live. Can't wait to see DH again so I can make it for a special breakfast. I also thought this was the safest place to keep it, & I wanted to share it with anyone else who loves "Eggs Benny" Enjoy!
- 4 English muffins, split
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 (6 ounce) filet of beef, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Emeril's Original Essence (there's a recipe on 'Zaar, or buy some, or use another seasoning blend that you like)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vinegar
- 8 eggs, plus
- 4 additional egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon mustard, whatever type you like
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb butter, melted and warm
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast muffins according to taste, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in pan, season fillets to taste.
- Grill fillets, 2 minutess on each side for medium rare (cook for more or less time if you prefer).
- Keep steak warm and set aside.
- Heat water, vinegar and salt in a pot.
- Once it is boiling slide 4 eggs into the water, one at a time.
- Once the water is almost boiling again, reduce heat to low and cook till done, about 2mins.
- Repeat with the remaining 4 eggs, storing eggs on a paper lined plate once done.
- Place a bowl over some boiling water on a medium heat.
- Whisk yolks, water, mustard and parsley in the bowl over the water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk until pale and thick.
- Remove from heat and slowly whisk in butter until it's incorporated.
- To serve: Top muffins with a piece of steak, then an egg.
- Spoon over hollandaise sauce.
- Serve hot, immediately.