Recipe by 4martinsx5
This recipe was given to us by my mother-in-law. We love it! Everyone we serve it too raves about it.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
For anyone searching for Eggs Benedict - this is not your recipe. A better name for this recipe might be 'Eggs Cordon Blue' (because of the ham and swiss cheese). Proper Eggs Benedict need an english muffin, the eggs MUST be poached and napped with an hollandaise sauce. I'm sure this is very tasty, but Eggs Benedict it absolutely is NOT.
- 12 slices ham
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Fold ham slices in half; set side by side in a 9x13 pan.
- Fold Swiss slices in half, layering on top of the ham to form a "nest".
- Break eggs over the Swiss.
- I usually break the yoke after it's in the pan so there's not a large clump of yoke.
- Pour cream over the eggs.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes at 375°F or until eggs reach desired doneness.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Is usually served with English muffins but we're watching our carbs!