Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Here's a relatively quick and easy Eggs Benny recipe from scratch (no packaged Hollandaise sauce!) that Regis learned from "Live with Regis and Kelly" guest Eric Ripert. What always turned me off making these in the past was how involved the instructions seemed... after all, it can be difficult to follow all those complex directions first thing in the morning! I tried this one myself, and the instructions are clear and simple with delicious results!
- Toast English muffins and cook the bacon, if that is your preferred meat.
- Combine egg yolk and lemon juice in a blender. Blend on medium and slowly drizzle butter into the mix in a steady stream until emulsified and fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm. (Instead of using a blender, I performed this step with a whisk in a small saucepan, then place the pot on the "warming" burner on my stove and whisked it occasionally as I completed the other steps.).
- Fill a large skillet with water and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and white vinegar and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Carefully break each egg into a small cup or bowl and gently slide it into the water (use a large spoon to help contain the egg, if you wish). Add remaining eggs in the same fashion, making sure not to crowd the pan.
- Let the eggs cook for 2 - 3 minutes, or until they reach desired firmness (I like mine poached for nearly 10 minutes!).
- Remove eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Top each half of a toasted English muffin with a slice of meat and a poached egg. Spoon the Hollandaise sauce on top and serve immediately.