For a very special brunch-time treat recreate this restaurant brunch classic at home with this step-by-step recipe to impress your friends or SO!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Hollandaise sauce
- 2 muffins
- 3 slices bacon
- 1Slice tomatoes in half, scoop out the seeds and discard. Season the tomato shells and scatter with thyme leaves. Drizzle the tomatoes with a little olive oil and place under a preheated medium broiler for ten minutes.
- 2In the meantime prepare the Hollandaise sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Put the egg yolks and a splash of water into a blender or food processor, along with the lemon juice. Season well.
- 3Blend the ingredients together, slowly adding the hot butter to the mix as you go, little by little. Continue to blend until sauce thickens. Set aside.
- 4Fill a large, shallow pan with water (about 2in deep) and bring to a simmer. Add some vinegar (1-2 tbsp per 4 cups of water) to help the eggs hold their shape. Then break four eggs into separate coffee cups (again to help maintain their shape when they're placed in the pan). Gently tip the eggs into the simmering water and poach for 2-3 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile broil the bacon slices until crispy. Slice the muffins in half and lightly toast.
- 6When ready to serve place one tomato shell on top of each muffin. Break up one slice of the grilled bacon and sprinkle into the bottom of the tomato shells.
- 7Once the eggs are poached, drain them on paper towels and place into tomato shells. Spoon a generous amount of Hollandaise sauce onto the eggs and top each with half a slice of bacon. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Benedict
Serving Size: 1 (423 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1148.9
- Calories from Fat 1043
- Total Fat 115.9 g
- Saturated Fat 64.3 g
- Cholesterol 863.5 mg
- Sodium 1052.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 21.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar