Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My 13 year old son would eat these 3 times a day, if allowed! This easy recipe came from the ABC radio website. Add spinach and turn it into Eggs Florentine!
- 6 slices ham
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 3 English muffins, split, toasted and buttered
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup hot melted butter
- Sauté the ham slices in the butter for 2 minutes.
- Place the ham on English muffins.
- Poach the eggs in simmering water in a frying pan (a splash of white vinegar will help keep them together).
- When set remove with a slotted spoon and place on ham.
- Whirl eggs yolks, lemon juice and salt and pepper in blender on high for 30 seconds.
- Uncover and continue to blend on high while slowly adding the melted butter in a thin slow stream.
- When the sauce is thick and creamy pour over eggs and serve.
Eggs Benedict is one of my all time favorite breakfast foods! Once in a while I love making breakfast foods for dinner so I tried this recipe for eggs benedict and hollandaise sauce. One word....EXCELLENT! I adjusted the recipe for 10 servings because I had to feed 4 people and they like at least 2 each. The only changes I made was adding a little less lemon juice to the hollandaise because I don't like it over powered and I also put 2 slices of Canadian ham on each muffin because my grocery store sells it in small round slices which are pretty thin. This will definitely be made many, many more times in my house!!
We love eggs benedict and my grandson begs for it often. This was a nice version that we totally enjoyed. I used Canadian bacon rather than the ham. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
We loved it!!!!