Recipe by tashamaesmith
Treat mom to breakfast in bed with our lightened-up version of this restaurant classic. Surprise her by cleaning up the kitchen, too!
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 4 large eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In the top of a double boiler, blend hot water with mayonnaise, stirring frequently until heated through, about 7 minutes.
- Add lemon juice.
- Remove double boiler from heat and set aside.
- Add 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, if desired.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Place one slice bacon on each muffin half.
- Meanwhile, prepare poached eggs by cracking each egg into one of four microwaveable bowls (be careful not to break the yolks).
- Cover each with clear plastic wrap.
- Microwave 2 eggs at a time on HIGH until whites are cooked and yolk is firm, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Remove eggs with slotted spoon and place one each on muffin halves.
- Top each egg with 2 tablespoons of sauce and serve immediately.