Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a different breakfast or brunch dish that couldn't be simpler to make.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 green pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chervil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- buttered toast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour tomatoes into an 8- or 9-inch au-gratin dish (or pie plate). Stir flour into juice; mix well. Break up large pieces of tomato with a fork.
- Add green peppers; sprinkle with chervil; mix well.
- Carefully break eggs, one at a time, into tomato mixture. Sprinkle with salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until eggs are desired doneness. Serve over buttered toast.
What a nice egg dish. I loved the addition of tomatoes, two things I love are eggs and tomatoes. A couple of things I had difficulty with were that maybe my tomatoes were just watery but the dish had too much liquid, secondly it took longer to cook in my oven -about 35 minutes. But all in all this recipe is a keeper.
Very good, and oh-so-easy to make in the morning. This is definitely an unusual dish, but it is delicious! I used Herbs de Provence and I topped it with fresh basil after baking. I will make this again, thanks Jackie! Made for My-3-Chefs event.