My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with butter, oil, or cooking spray.
- 3In a medium saucepan, cook the grits according to package directions.
- 4Once the grits are cooked, stir in 3/4 cup of Cheddar cheese, the ham, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and the garlic powder and continue stirring until the cheese melts.
- 5Scrape the grits mixture into the prepared pan.
- 6Using a spoon, make four egg-size indents in the grits mixture.
- 7Crack 1 egg into each nest.
- 8Season the eggs lightly with salt and pepper.
- 9Top with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar.
- 10Bake until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny and the cheese is melted, 15-20 minutes.
- 11Serve sprinkled with the scallions.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Baked With Grits and Ham
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.5
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 236.7 mg
- Sodium 688.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 22.6 g