Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This dish has simple flavors but really is best served with fresh from the garden tomatoes, it really makes the whole thing special.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop out the centers of the tomatoes, making them into cups.
- Break one egg carefully into each tomato.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of breadcrumps on top of each egg.
- Put one slice of bacon, cut in half, in and X on top of each tomato.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until egg is desired doneness.
- Broil for one minute or until bacon is desired crispness.
Lovely simple brekky, thanks for posting!
delicious and healthy breakfast/brunch/lunch anytime meal. i wouldnt even attempt this meal without using fresh, garden ripe tomatoes. no store bought ones either; i mean the roadside stand or your own private garden tomatoes. this recipe was easy to follow. i never have been good at cooking eggs, so i didntknow how to tell when my egg was done enough but not too done and when i took it out of the oven it was just a bit too done (the yolk) but i can fix that next time. delicious taste; all the flavors complimented each other and it was just a simple and delicious recipe...thanks!