Ninu Dalal's Note:
An egg baked inside a russet potato whose flesh has been mashed with grated parmesan cheese and olive oil or butter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Bake the potato until the skin and the interior feels soft when pierced with a skewer.
- 3Slash the potato lenghtwise about halfway down into the flesh.
- 4Protecting your hands with a kitchen towel, hold onto both ends and push so that the slash opens up to expose the interior of each potato.
- 5Using a tablespoon, scoop about 1/2 cup of the flesh from the potato into a small bowl.
- 6Add oil/butter, half of the cheese, a pinch of salt and black pepper and mash with a fork until blended.
- 7Spoon back into the potato, pressing down and making an indentation in the center.
- 8Place the potato in a small baking dish. Break the egg into a cup and slip the egg into the center of the potato. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 9Bake until the egg white is set to the desired doneness, Approximately 10-15 minutes. Serve!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Baked in Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.8
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 186.0 mg
- Sodium 84.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese