Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An egg baked inside a russet potato whose flesh has been mashed with grated parmesan cheese and olive oil or butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake the potato until the skin and the interior feels soft when pierced with a skewer.
- Slash the potato lenghtwise about halfway down into the flesh.
- Protecting your hands with a kitchen towel, hold onto both ends and push so that the slash opens up to expose the interior of each potato.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop about 1/2 cup of the flesh from the potato into a small bowl.
- Add oil/butter, half of the cheese, a pinch of salt and black pepper and mash with a fork until blended.
- Spoon back into the potato, pressing down and making an indentation in the center.
- Place the potato in a small baking dish. Break the egg into a cup and slip the egg into the center of the potato. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the egg white is set to the desired doneness, Approximately 10-15 minutes. Serve!