Cook1 hr 30 mins
From Hungarian American Cooking 1938, Rosa Green. I haven't made these yet but they sound great. Cooking and prep time are a guess.
- Bake the potatoes.
- Scoop out the pulp, after cutting a thin slice from the length of the potato.
- Mash pulp to a creamy fluff with butter, hot milk, salt and pepper.
- Fill potato shells, leaving a dent in the middle of each to hold a raw egg.
- Break 1 or 2 eggs into each potato.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes until the egg is firm and cheese is browned.