Recipe by Dienia B.
From Hungarian American Cooking 1938, Rosa Green. I haven't made these yet but they sound great. Cooking and prep time are a guess.
Top Review by Zwerg
Make potatoes ahead of time for camping, wrap potatoes top side up in foil, refridgerate till ready to use. At camp fire open top of foil, add eggs & cheese. Cook on a grate over the hot coals till eggs are cooked and cheese is melted. Great Stuff!!!!!
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk, hot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes.
- Scoop out the pulp, after cutting a thin slice from the length of the potato.
- Mash pulp to a creamy fluff with butter, hot milk, salt and pepper.
- Fill potato shells, leaving a dent in the middle of each to hold a raw egg.
- Break 1 or 2 eggs into each potato.
- Cover with cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes until the egg is firm and cheese is browned.