Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fun breakfast recipe I found in a Sunset cookbook. I like to make this spicier by using pepper-jack cheese.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 firm-ripe tomatoes, rinsed,cored and sliced
- 2 canned whole green chilies, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning once, until crisp, 4-5 minutes total; drain on paper towels; discard fat and wipe pan clean.
- Set pan over medium heat; break eggs into pan and cook to desired doneness, turning once if you like, 2-5 minutes for soft yolks; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place bread slices on a 12x15-inch baking sheet.
- Broil 6 inches from heat until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes; turn slices over and top equally with tomato slices, chiles and cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
- Top each sandwich with an egg, then a slice of bacon; sprinkle evenly with cilantro.
These eggs came out great. Definitely made for a different and delicious breakfast. Thanks!