Recipe by SmHerndon
Fun to share with guests for breakfast, friends after the show, or anytime! Friendly, filling fare at any hour. Great with parmesan french bread. I like to add cream cheese and diced tomato to mine. A Betty Crocker recipe (1971)
Top Review by Sackville
I made a rather spartan version of this dish -- without cream cheese, tomatoes or bacon -- for a breakfast treat and really enjoyed it. The creaminess of the avocado goes well with the eggs. Mine turned out a bit like an omelette. The top was still quite runny when the bottom had finished cooking so I just gave it a few seconds under a hot grill to finish it off.
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed (about 1 Cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 slices bacon, crispy fried & crumbled
- cream cheese, thinly cubed (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix eggs, cream, salt & pepper with a fork; stir in avocado.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat until just hot enough to sizzle a drop of water;.
- Pour mixture into skillet. I personally like to add cream cheese at this time. As egg mixture begins to set at bottom and side, lift cooked portion with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist.
- Sprinkle tomato if desired.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle bacon on servings.