Prep 8 mins
Cook 22 mins
Not only delightful for breakfast but makes a great brunch item as well! Clipped out of a magazine years ago and only tried it for the first time a few years ago for Christmas morning with great results and pleasure.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butter 10"x6" or 8" square baking dish.
- Cook spinach according to pkg.
- Meanwhile, in blender combine eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Blend 1 minute.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler, spoon cooked spinach over egg layer.
- Arrange tomatoes over spinach.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
I halved the ingredients and used a souffle dish to bake this. The eggs were thin like a crust so next time I might use extra eggs. A bit of garlic and cumin might be tried as well to add a bit more flavor ... this is a good comfort food as is though. Thanks for posting!