Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A fave of mine whilst growing up, its a real comfort to me and the Marmite (vegemite can be used instead) cuts through the rich creaminess of the egg and gives it a good salty kick!
- This can be prepared in one of three ways:.
- Poach, scramble or soft boil your eggs according to how you prefer them to be made.
- Toast the bread and butter it.
- Spread with as much marmite as you like.
- Top with the eggs if poached or scrambled.
- If you have boiled your egges, cut up the toast into "soilders" and get dunking!
This was good! I made this for my DH with scrambled eggs and used vegemite. While not being a huge vegemite fan, my DH is, and he gave it the thumbs up as quite enjoyable. Made for ZWT 3. Thanks for posting!
I take these stars literally, so if you think 3 stars is bad...it's not...especially given the fact that I thought I would HATE the Marmite. I actually LIKED the eggs over toast with Marmite and that's really saying something since my kiwi husband has been trying his very best to get me to try the stuff for 5 years!!! I can't believe this actually tasted good...!?!? This was made for ZWT III and I have to say, I am game to try Marmite again. Thanks English Rose. (: