This recipe comes from 400 Calorie Fix. According to the book, each omelet has 380 calories, 10 g total fat, 46 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein when served with the 1 cup of blueberries and slice of whole wheat toast listed in the ingredients.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 ounces turkey kielbasa, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2⁄3 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add pepper, onion, kielbasa, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and kielbasa start to brown (4-5 minutes).
- Add tomato and cook until wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon of basil and transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and add remaining oil. Combine egg substitute, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add to skillet and cook until almost set (about 2 minutes). Top with bell pepper and cook for one minute, or until egg is cooked through.
- Fold omelet in half and slide onto a plate. Top with remaining basil. Serve with toast and blueberries.