Amanda Beth's Note:
This recipe comes from 400 Calorie Fix. According to the book, each omelet has 380 calories, 10 g total fat, 46 g carbohydrates, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein when served with the 1 cup of blueberries and slice of whole wheat toast listed in the ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces turkey kielbasa, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2/3 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 slice whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in a medium nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add pepper, onion, kielbasa, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion and kielbasa start to brown (4-5 minutes).
- 2Add tomato and cook until wilted. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 teaspoon of basil and transfer to a bowl.
- 3Return skillet to heat and add remaining oil. Combine egg substitute, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add to skillet and cook until almost set (about 2 minutes). Top with bell pepper and cook for one minute, or until egg is cooked through.
- 4Fold omelet in half and slide onto a plate. Top with remaining basil. Serve with toast and blueberries.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs and Sausage Omelet With Tomatoes and Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (522 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 29.4 mg
- Sodium 1253.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 27.8 g