Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Refreshing salad that also includes peas and cheese cubes. I believe I got this from Betty Crocker's Timesaving Cookbook long ago. I've used many types of cheese in this including some cheddar mixed with Monterey Jack ... they have all been tasty.
- 10 ounces frozen peas
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice (chilled or room temperature)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced or 1 cup celery
- 1 small onions, chopped or 1⁄4 cup onion
- 4 ounces swiss cheese or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill weed
- Rinse frozen peas under running cold water to separate; drain. Mix peas, eggs, rice, celery, onion, cheese and pimiento. Mix mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, slat, pepper and dill weed; toss with egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.