Recipe by angelfan
Very tasty breakfast dish. a good use for left over ham. Can be made with swiss cheese as well.I use frozen hash browns. No need to thaw them in this recipe.
Top Review by Sands351
We had to increase the cooking time by 45 minutes. The hash browns do need to be thawed if you want to use the current time. Also try adding some hot peppers to increase the flavor and to add some kick.
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 cups hash brown potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- heat oven to 350.
- spray bottom of baking dish with cooking spray, sprinkle three cups of the has browns in bottom of dish.
- layer with ham cheese, bell peppers and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle remaining potatoes on top.
- beat eggs and milk with wire wisk, add cottage cheese and pepper.
- pour over mixture in baking pan.
- Bake 45 min or until golden brown and set in the center.