Recipe by Mercy
My favorite local Mexican restaurant serves this tasty version of scrambled eggs on their breakfast menu.
Top Review by HappyFlour66
AAAAHHHH YES!!!! so perfect, stuffed into a tortilla with some homefried taters and a slice of cheese, with a sprikling of Tapatio! reminds me of mornings after my mom dad n uncles weekend parties as a kid. ALWAYS started with bloody mary's (for the adults) donuts for the kids, and then a full on breakfast: Chorizo and eggs, bacon, sausage, bisquits, and homestyle skillet potaters!!! thanks for the recipe! *sigh* childhood nostalgia!!!
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces bulk chorizo sausages
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (Mexican oregano, preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion in oil in a 10-inch skillet until tender but not brown.
- Add the sausage, cooking and stirring, until the sausage is done, then drain.
- Beat the eggs, half-and-half and the oregano together well with a fork.
- Pour the eggs into the sausage mixture in the skillet.
- Cook, stirring gently, until all the eggs are cooked, but still moist, about 3 to 5 minutes.