Recipe by Charmie777
Yummy dish that I make for a meatless main dish, or for a brunch. It's like a Mexican/French Souffle casserole! Also delicious rolled into a tortilla for a breakfast burrito!
Top Review by SolightlyUK
Tasty. Followed the recipe exactly except had to use mozarella because Monterey Jack is not available where I live in England. Still, all in all an easy and tasty dish. Full size recipe makes a ton.
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 12 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Line bottom of the pan with chiles.
- Slice the cheese and place on top of the chiles to cover evenly (or grate).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sour cream until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over chiles and cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted into dish comes out clean.