Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy dish that I make for a meatless main dish, or for a brunch. It's like a Mexican/French Souffle casserole! Also delicious rolled into a tortilla for a breakfast burrito!
- 8 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese
- 12 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Grease a 13x9 pan.
- Line bottom of the pan with chiles.
- Slice the cheese and place on top of the chiles to cover evenly (or grate).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs with sour cream until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour egg mixture over chiles and cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until knife inserted into dish comes out clean.
Tasty. Followed the recipe exactly except had to use mozarella because Monterey Jack is not available where I live in England. Still, all in all an easy and tasty dish. Full size recipe makes a ton.
This was very tasty, and easy enough to throw together very quickly. I made a full recipe, though I did cut back a touch on the cheese and sour cream based on personal preference. My kids are a bit pepper-phobic, so I used pureed chiles instead of diced. The flavor was there, but there were no telltale green chunks :). We enjoyed this in squares as breakfast for dinner with some homemade guacamole and green beans, but I think the leftovers are going to be terrific wrapped up with some other goodies for a breakfast burrito. If I serve it in squares again I will likely add something for texture; maybe some sweet peppers (sorry kids!). Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT 8: The Wild Bunch.
Wonderful! I also halved the recipe and used an 8 x 8 pan. I had one serving left and there's only 2 of us. We loved this dish and will make it often. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8- Mexico etc.