Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
I like spicy tomato sauce and eggs so I just came up with this one morning and threw in some eggs. It's quick and easy and tastes good.
Top Review by Ma Field
We loved this! Had it over recipe #283032 and under recipe #233411. We will definitely keep this in the file under breakfast for dinner. YUM! Made by a fellow Looney Spooner for ZWT6
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 8 slices pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained chickpeas (can use less if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces grated cheese (my husband likes sharp cheddar on his eggs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer sauce in a skillet along with jalepeno juice, olive oil, sea salt.
- Carefully break whole eggs into the simmering sauce.
- add the chickpeas and sliced jalepenos.
- Allow eggs to firm up and whiten.
- You can serve the eggs like this or flip them in the sauce carefully and cook on the other side depending on preference.
- Remove some sauce and chickpeas and place eggs on top.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Server with yogurt if prefered and fresh pita bread.