1/1 Photo of Eggs and Chickpeas in Spicy Tomato Sauce
I like spicy tomato sauce and eggs so I just came up with this one morning and threw in some eggs. It's quick and easy and tastes good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Simmer sauce in a skillet along with jalepeno juice, olive oil, sea salt.
- 2Carefully break whole eggs into the simmering sauce.
- 3add the chickpeas and sliced jalepenos.
- 4Allow eggs to firm up and whiten.
- 5You can serve the eggs like this or flip them in the sauce carefully and cook on the other side depending on preference.
- 6Remove some sauce and chickpeas and place eggs on top.
- 7Sprinkle some cheese.
- 8Server with yogurt if prefered and fresh pita bread.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs and Chickpeas in Spicy Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.9
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 441.1 mg
- Sodium 2915.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pickled jalapeno pepper juice
pickled jalapeno peppers