Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I like spicy tomato sauce and eggs so I just came up with this one morning and threw in some eggs. It's quick and easy and tastes good.
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pickled jalapeno pepper juice
- 8 slices pickled jalapeno peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) candrained chickpeas (can use less if you like)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 ounces grated cheese (my husband likes sharp cheddar on his eggs)
- Simmer sauce in a skillet along with jalepeno juice, olive oil, sea salt.
- Carefully break whole eggs into the simmering sauce.
- add the chickpeas and sliced jalepenos.
- Allow eggs to firm up and whiten.
- You can serve the eggs like this or flip them in the sauce carefully and cook on the other side depending on preference.
- Remove some sauce and chickpeas and place eggs on top.
- Sprinkle some cheese.
- Server with yogurt if prefered and fresh pita bread.
We loved this! Very tasty and so easy to prepare. I will be making this often. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT6.
Delicious! Easy to prepare and very filling. Thanks for sharing! ZWT6