True Texas's Note:
This was one of the first dishes we learned to make when I was in Home Economics Class back in the late '60. We love it. The only problem seems to be making enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter, add flour and stir until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- 2Add milk very slowly stirring as you add.
- 3Continue to stir and cook over a low heat.
- 4Cook until the mixture starts to thicken.
- 5Add salt and pepper to mixture and set aside.
- 6Peel boiled eggs and remove the yolks from the eggs.
- 7Chop the whites of the eggs and add them to the white sauce.
- 8Toast bread and slice it diagonally.
- 9Arrange the bread slices on a plate and pour the sauce over the toast.
- 10Take a grater and grate the egg yolks over the sauce.
- 11Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs a La Goldenrod
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.5
- Calories from Fat 307
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 436.4 mg
- Sodium 1261.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 24.2 g