These are so good we could eat them like candy. They take a little work but are so worth it!
Make and share this Eggroll Extravagaza recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head cabbage
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup broccoli
- 2 cups spinach
- 32 ounces bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon salt (lemon pepper)
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 2 eggs
- 40 egg roll wraps
- 1 cup canola oil
- Tenderize and marinade chicken in oyster sauce overnight. Dice chicken and cook in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Stir together cornstarch and soy sauce and add to chicken mixture. Thinly slice garlic, shred carrots and chop cabbage, broccoli and peppers. Steam until vegetables are tender. Chop spinach and add to steamed vegetables. Toss until spinach is slightly wilted. Drain vegetables of excess water and Mix with chicken in large bowl. Whisk eggs. Lay out six egg roll wraps at a time. Wet edges with whisked egg. Drop 2 tablespoons of filling across bottom third and tightly roll from bottom corner tucking in both sides. Set aside on wax paper. Repeat 10 times. In large skillet fry egg rolls until all sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Serve with low sodium soy sauce if desired.
We really enjoyed these Egg Rolls with the combintion of different peppers. Loved the oyster sauce marinade. I did leave out a few things, like the broccoli and bean sprouts. Also left out the Chinese Five Spice powder as I don't like it. I used napa cabbage which we love in egg rolls. We cut the recipe down for the two of us and served with our Sweet and Sour Sauce. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. It does make a lot. Made for PAC Fall 2012.