Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love eggplants. I love couscous. I love feta. I also love stuffing things with other things, so while I haven't made this yet, I can't imagine it won't be good...
- 2 medium eggplants, halved
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 (10 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups cherry tomatoes or 1 1⁄4 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled or 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons toasted slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Prick eggplant skins with fork or knife point and wrap in foil.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until soft, then cool until comfortable to touch.
- Meanwhile, prepare couscous (according to package directions).
- Mix the couscous, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, yogurt, feta, raisins, basil, salt, pepper and nuts in a large bowl.
- Gently scoop out eggplant flesh with spoon -- taking care not to break or tear skin.
- Chop the flesh coarsely and stir into couscous mixture.
- Scoop mixture into eggplant shells.
- Place stuffed eggplants into ungreased baking pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes, until hot.