1/1 Photo of Eggplant Zucchini Bolognese
This is a good way to use fresh veggies...from the July/Aug '09 Simple and Delicious. I did add a little red wine to the cooked ground beef and let it cook off a little before I added the puree, and I also let the sauce simmer for a little while to marry the flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2In a large bowl combine the eggplant, zucchini, squash, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Transfer to two 15x10" baking pans coated with cooking spray.
- 3Bake in a preheated 425 oven for 20-25 min or until tender.
- 4Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 5Stir in the tomato puree, Italian seasoning and brown sugar.
- 6Drain pasta; stir in tomato mixture and roasted vegetables.
- 7Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Zucchini Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.4
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.3 mg
- Sodium 388.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: