1/1 Photo of Eggplant Wraps
You can make these as an appetizer, or as a vegetarian main dish with extra sides. Assemble them beforehand, then pop in the oven when needed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350*.
- 2Cut woody top off each eggplant, and slice each eggplant lengthwise into 8 pieces ( 16 in all ) about 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Mix oil and herbs together and brush over eggplant slices.
- 4Heat large skillet over medium heat and lay as many pieces of eggplant in pan as will comfortably fit. Fry each side until golden brown and softened about 4 mins a side.
- 5Wash spinach in cold water then toss in hot saucepan until wilted, drain off any liquid.
- 6Now assemble each wrap by taking 1 slice of cooked eggplant and placing a little wilted spinach on one side, top with sun dried tomato, sprinkle of pine nuts and slice of cheese.
- 7Fold eggplant over to form wrap then place on non stick baking sheet. Repeat with all other eggplant slices.
- 8Sprinkle wraps with salt and pepper, and bake in oven for 15 mins until bubbling.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.0
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 617.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: