Recipe by ChefDebs
You can make these as an appetizer, or as a vegetarian main dish with extra sides. Assemble them beforehand, then pop in the oven when needed.
- 2 large eggplants
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs
- 14 ounces spinach
- 16 sun-dried tomatoes, pieces marinated in olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 5 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cut into 16 slices
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350*.
- Cut woody top off each eggplant, and slice each eggplant lengthwise into 8 pieces ( 16 in all ) about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix oil and herbs together and brush over eggplant slices.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and lay as many pieces of eggplant in pan as will comfortably fit. Fry each side until golden brown and softened about 4 mins a side.
- Wash spinach in cold water then toss in hot saucepan until wilted, drain off any liquid.
- Now assemble each wrap by taking 1 slice of cooked eggplant and placing a little wilted spinach on one side, top with sun dried tomato, sprinkle of pine nuts and slice of cheese.
- Fold eggplant over to form wrap then place on non stick baking sheet. Repeat with all other eggplant slices.
- Sprinkle wraps with salt and pepper, and bake in oven for 15 mins until bubbling.
- Serve immediately.