- 4 Japanese eggplants or 4 round eggplants
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 240 g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaf, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the eggplant lengthwise three quarters of the way down.
- Press open to form a fan shape.
- Fry in a large pan with olive oil until golden brown.
- Place eggplant on kitchen towel and pat on to remove excess oil.
- Add cheese in between the sliced eggplant and bake in a hot oven at 220 degrees for three minutes.
- Arrange on a plate and sprinkle with basil.