Recipe by DailyInspiration
Bulgur wheat is my new "fav" -- it is so delicious and nutty tasting. This recipe comes from my "America's Best Recipes" cookbook and was contributed by Friends of Strong Memorial Hospital, New York.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat, uncooked
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable juice (or tomato juice)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook eggplant in boiling water to cover 3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until onion is tender; stirring occasionally. Add eggplant, bulgur , and remaining ingredients to skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Spoon eggplant mixture into a lightly greased 11x7x1 1/2 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.