Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An adaption from a recipe I found online - this one's really healthy and I serve it with whole wheat pasta for even more nutrition. I also used more chipotle chili in adobo for my taste.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups eggplants, unpeeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Brown eggplant.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic and cook until soft.
- Add chili and tomatoes and heat through.
- Add spinach until wilted.