This is a tangy relish which is good on fish, chicken or pork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 38 ounces eggplants, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 1/2 ounces vidailia onions, diced (or other sweet onion)
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped (less if dry)
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, loosely packed and chopped (less if dry)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 20 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces honey
- 1In a colander placed over a bowl, mix eggplant, onion and salt. Let it drain for 1 hour.
- 2Wrap in a kitchen towel and squeeze over the sink to remove excess water. In a large saute pan over medium high heat, warm the olive oil.
- 3Add the eggplant-onion mix, garlic, sage, thyme and pepper and cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and stir in the tomatoes.
- 5In another pot over medium high heat, bring the vinegar and honey to a boil. Keep hot.
- 6Use good water bath canning techniques to can.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Tomato Relish
Serving Size: 1 (2462 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1265.9
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21036.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 51.2 g
- Sugars 91.8 g
- Protein 22.4 g