Recipe by Chef*Lee
I made this up with chipotles peppers in adobo sauce which you can find in the Latin or Mexican section of your grocery store. Please try them, they are the major flavor ingredient. They are spicy so I have put 3 into my recipe but you could add more if you really want your forehead to sweat. This is vegetarian but you could make it vegan with soy products (I haven't tasted it that way though). I really hope you like them!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 eggplant, sliced into thin cubes (peeled or not, your choice)
- 2 leeks, white parts only, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, use 3 peppers out of the can (I like El Mexicano brand)
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package taco shells (crunchy yellow corn taco shells)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mild cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute garlic and jalapeno in the olive oil on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and leeks then continue cooking on medium heat for 10 minutes or until leeks wilt. Stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, chop your 3 adobo peppers a bit. (use kitchen prep gloves or wash your hands very well afterwards).
- Mix the adobo peppers with the sour cream and orange juice in a little bowl.
- After the 10 minutes, turn heat down to low and add sour cream mix. Stir well and cook 10 more minutes.
- Serve in crunchy taco shells with cheese and your favorite taco toppings.