Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A nice soup that you can serve as a main course with maybe some Italian bread.
Make and share this Eggplant Supper Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1 (28 ounce) canpear shaped Italian-style tomatoes
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup salad macaroni
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven.
- Add onion and sauté until limp (about 3 minutes).
- Add the meat and stir over the heat until it loses its pinkness.
- Add eggplant, garlic, carrots, celery, tomatoes (break up with fork), beef broth, salt, sugar, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add macaroni and parsley and simmer for about 10 minutes more,or until macaroni is tender.
- Serve in soup bowls. Pass cheese to sprinkle over.