Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was in the Southern Lady magazine Jan/Feb 2006. I used red peppers but you can use either color. I made a few adjustments which I thought made it much easier to prepare. My husband loved it and so did I. Presentation is important, but taste is what matters the most. Try it...you'll like it!!
- boiling water
- 4 bell peppers, I used red, cut in half lengthwise, deseeded and pith removed
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggplants, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- marinara sauce
- Place peppers in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes to soften, drain thoroughly set aside.
- Pour oil in large skillet, stir in eggplant and garlic
- Cook until eggplant is soft, approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir bread crumbs into eggplant mixture; toss until bread crumbs are moistened.
- Stir in basil, parmesan cheese,pepper, goat cheese, parsley and pine nuts.
- Fill softened peppers with filling.
- Place peppers in oiled 9 x 13 pan. Pour about 1 cup water into pan.
- Bake in oven covered for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Cover each pepper with marinara sauce.
- Return to oven for another 10 minutes.