Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Eggplant Stew the way my mom used to make it.
Make and share this Eggplant Stew (Simple, Persian Style) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggplants, medium
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a pot. Add the finely chopped onions and sauté over medium heat until they begin to brown.
- Add the turmeric, beef and garlic. Cook until the beef is browned.
- Add the water, tomato sauce, and 1 tsp salt. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 2.5 hours.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise into pieces about 1/4" thick. Sprinkle them on each side with the remaining salt and place them aside for 20 minutes in a strainer set over a plate.
- Afterward, rinse each piece and pat dry. Sauté them in the remaining oil over medium heat until they begin to brown, then set them aside.
- Add the eggplant to the beef and simmer for another hour.
- Serve over Basmati rice or with bread.
i never heard this nonsense..lol 3 min...I am persian..and that is not the correct recipe..it takes 3 hours..and alot of love!
Simply delicious! Very easy to make and so yummy. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Visit Iran/Persia / N*A*M*E Forum