Roxana M's Note:
Eggplant Stew the way my mom used to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1 tbs olive oil in a pot. Add the finely chopped onions and sauté over medium heat until they begin to brown.
- 2Add the turmeric, beef and garlic. Cook until the beef is browned.
- 3Add the water, tomato sauce, and 1 tsp salt. Cover, and simmer over low heat for 2.5 hours.
- 4Slice the eggplant lengthwise into pieces about 1/4" thick. Sprinkle them on each side with the remaining salt and place them aside for 20 minutes in a strainer set over a plate.
- 5Afterward, rinse each piece and pat dry. Sauté them in the remaining oil over medium heat until they begin to brown, then set them aside.
- 6Add the eggplant to the beef and simmer for another hour.
- 7Serve over Basmati rice or with bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Stew (Simple, Persian Style)
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.4
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 3070.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.4 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 42.7 g